There is currently no tax credit for the 2012 calendar year. Our representatives in Congress are working towards another energy tax bill. To review the information regarding the 2011 tax credit, please read the following paragraphs.
The Tax Releif, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 includes tax credits for qualifying window and door replacements placed in service in 2011.
The taxpayer is entitled to a tax credit in the amount of 10% of the cost (not to exceed $200) for all window replacements in 2011. They are also entitled to a credit in the amount of 10% of the cost (not to exceed $500) for all exterior door replacements in 2011. If replacing both windows and doors the taypayer is entitled to a credit in the amount of 10% of the cost up to ($500) with the window credit maxing out at ($200). The qualifying windows and doors meet the following requirements:
1. The windows and doors must have a U-Factor <= .30 and Solar Heat Gain Coefficient <= .30.
2. The windows or doors must be installed and ready for use between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011.
3. The products must be for the taxpayer’s principal residence
4. The maximum amount that can be claimed between 2009 and 2010 for most qualifying home improvement products is $500.
5. The taxpayer must have a Manufacturer Certification Statement to qualify.
6. The taxpayer should save their receipts and the MCS. We also recommend saving the NFRC label from one of the windows showing the U-factor and SHGC.
7. Windows and Doors only qualify for existing homes, not new construction.
Please view our Showcase products which meet the federal tax credit requirements in the below link, along with our MCS. Also, view the link to energy star explaining in full the federal tax credit.